Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Assignment 6: Randall's Cyber Listening Lab

Children's Books: Reading Time
This is the first I chosen, it is in easy section, only forty-three seconds.
It is a conversation between father and young girl.
In this conversation I learned:
popcorn --corn in the form of hard yellow seeds that burst open and become soft and white when they are heated
Let's buy some popcorn and drinking to see the movie.
whoa --used to show surprise
Whoa! I think this thing is exclusive.
boring --not interesting
This book is too boring, can you give me another one?
And let's eat some popcorn and cookies while we're reading

When I listen the conversation in the first time,  I have many parts that I don,t understand.
So I listen it many times until I know the conversation having eighty percent.

College Textbooks
This is second I chosen, it is in medium, only one minute and fifty-one seconds.
It is a conversation between man and woman.
beat-up -- in bad conition
I don't care if the book is all beat-up as long as it is cheap.
psh --expression of lack of respect
hold off on --wait
My daughter decided to hold off on attending college this semester.
ugh  --expression of dislike or disgust
get the picture --understand
Kathy says she doesn't want to go out with me, but I think I get the picture now. She's just not interested in me.
A marriage class . . . a close female friend . . . a cooking textbook . . . I think I get the picture.

It is more difficult than easy, but I can learn more in this conversation.

No comments: